Whether you’re on a business trip, vacation or just looking to shake up your fitness routine, we’ve got moves you can do in a hotel room, local park or even your office. These five exercises will tighten, tone and get your heart pumping. Best of all, for this do-anywhere workout you only need you. No yoga mat, hand weights or resistance bands required!
1. Deep Squats Stand with feet wider than hip-width and place both hands behind your head, elbows out. Sit your hips back and down until your thighs are parallel with the floor, while keeping your chest up. Press through your heels to stand back up. Repeat 10 to 15 times; 3 sets.
2. Alternating Lunges Begin standing with your hands on your hips. Step your right foot back and bend both knees to 90 degrees. Press through your front heel to return to stand; step the left foot back and repeat. Do 10 to 15 reps; 3 sets.
3. Plank Shoulder Taps Start in a full push-up position with your hands under your shoulders and tummy tight. Raise one hand to tap your opposite shoulder, then return it to the floor. Repeat with the other hand. Do 10 to 15 reps; 3 sets.
4. Calf Raise Stand with your hands on your hips. Slowly rise up onto the toes, keeping knees straight. Hold briefly, then lower down. (Stand on the first step of a set of stairs or a curb for added range of motion). Repeat 10 to 15 times; 3 sets.
5. Tricep Dips Sitting on the edge of a park bench or chair, place your hands beside your bum, fingers forward. Scoot your bum forward off the edge and straighten your arms. Keeping your elbows in, slowly bend them as you drop your bum down, then press into the bench to straighten your arms. Do 10 to 15 reps; 3 sets.